Links

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why


My first post is simply going to answer the question, why?  Why am I creating this blog.  The answer is simple.  American politics has diverged into a horrible mess.  I could rant forever about why the current state of politics is the source of many woes for the common American.  A short list of the top issues that bother me the most include the electoral college, money in politics, the two party system, and the media.  As time progresses I will surely address these issues in depth and express why I have issues with them.
The format of this blog will simply be my reaction and analysis of different news articles I find.  I would like to state right from the start that this blog is my opinion and I am looking for a discussion.  This blog is an outlet for me to express my frustrations as well as it is a place for me to have a discussion with others in order to learn more about what I believe and learn how to defend my positions better.  And if I can't learn to defend my position better then maybe it's a problem with my position and I can then reevaluate that position in order to progress to the best possible stance on an issue.
I believe that just having a position on a subject without being able to defend it with logic and facts is worthless.  One should not hold a position unless it can be defended properly, because if it cannot be defended then it is likely not a good position to hold. So I hope that this blog will be a good learning experience for me and a documentation on how my positions evolve over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment